• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Advice On New Tank Purchase

I am looking to buy a new reef ready tank or have one made. I am down in Cape May so I am looking for some help on finding a good place to buy or have a tank built. Mine just cracked the other night so that is why I am in need of another tank. The tank was built into the wall so I have to get another one with the same measurements. The size I need is 72"long x 30"wide x 29"deep. Any Help????

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
One of our sponsors, Coast to Coast Aquariums, does beautiful custom work. I'm not sure what their prices are but their tanks are very nice and they're located here in NJ.

Also check out glass cages. My 215 is 72" long and I think close to that hight, That would prob work for you and it's a stock tank

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The 30" front to back dimension is what kills the ability to purchase stock tanks for that footprint. I think that even the new Marineland deep dimension tanks, which would be the closest to the dims you specify would be 36 front to back rather than 30.

I'm sure once you've had that width going to 24" to you would be like me going to 18". I just wouldn't want to do it, especially for a tank that long.

Let us know where you end up purchasing from!

My tank is a 68 X 30 X 25 (I think). I bought it from Glasscages, who deliver periodically to this area. You have to go to White Plains to pick it up, or pay a fortune to have it come to your door. I had to get mine in Pennsylvania because their truck broke down, but that's another story. They would gladly make a tank of whatever dimensions you need. You will hear a lot of people badmouthing Glasscages (they are the cheapest custom builder) but all the ones I have seen are built very strongly.