• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aiptasia Eliminator --- need help!

what would be the safest way and also economically the cheapest and also long lasting way to fight this very ugly looking items in my tank?

Cheapest is probably kalkwasser. I tried Joe's Juice (which is basically diluted kalk) and it didn't work that great. Aiptasia-X worked very well for me because it's pastier and the syringes are nicer.

kind of goofy question --- but i read that Joes Juice may affect my anemone and I just cant see myself running with applicator all over my tank. any inverts that might do the job for me?

Pep shrimp might do it. They are 50-50 though. CBB will do it but you will not have a single featherduster left in tank after. Also, they are notorious for not eating and starving themselves to death. What nems do you have in tank? Joe's Juice/Aiptasia X is a paste that is basically kalk. It should not harm anything unless you shoot it right onto them.

SW fish has them usually for 5 for $20. Most LFS have them for about $8. Make sure they are peps and not camelback. Camelbacks are not reef safe at all. Some peps have also been reported to eat featherdusters and nip corals.

I used boiling water and a turker baster to spot treat. It took me 2 applications but it worked like a charm. Cheapest way I can think of .

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't bother with the Joe's Juice the Aiptasia-X is much better product.

Ive only used the Joes Juice product and every couple weeks I might see one or 2 pop up . I get the Juice out and never had a problem afterwards.