• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Alternative to BRS Rox .8 carbon

Actually, I think the reason Jason got out of reefing was because of the whole laundry detergent incident. Just to get everyone caught up to speed......Jason had this beautiful 200 galloonish tank in his living room packed with all kinds of SPS and LPS. He also had a huge sump and frag room in his basement. He had a laundry room on the first floor that was not directly over his sump, but was 15-20 feet towards the other end of the house. Some how, some way, a bottle of laundry detergent either fell or got knocked off a shelf and landed on the floor. I guess when it hit the floor the lid came off and the contents emptied onto the floor. Now heres the crazy part. The detergent seeped through a crack in the floor and onto a floor joist in the basement. From there the detergent traveled across the floor joist and decided the best place to jump off was directly over jason's sump. I think it was when Jason got home from work he found his tank and sump completely frothed over like you car at a carwash. Pretty much wiped out everything he had as it would of been impossible to get the detergent out of all his live rock, sand and equipment. I think after that he just decided to throw in the towel.
New fear unlocked