• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone carry Caribsea Seaflor reef sand?..

Steve,

That Seafloor stuff is all shells. Is that what your going with?

Depending on the flow you have in the tank, you may end up needing some 2.0 mm size stuff or greater if the flow is great.

JRod said:
Steve,

That Seafloor stuff is all shells. Is that what your going with?

Depending on the flow you have in the tank, you may end up needing some 2.0 mm size stuff or greater if the flow is great.

Joe What do you recommend . I have been a starboard guy so not really know what is good out there. As for flow my return will either be mag 9 or Eheim 1262 and flow will be either 2 tunze 6100 or the new tunze 2 6105.

thanks

Also how much you think sand I will need. Again a noobie question.. It will be for a 30x30x24 cube made by sgarron. I dont want to deep but nice enough to make a nice sand scape for all all the wrasses I will keep.. thanks again for input

I have and unused 40lb bag that was left over from my setup $30 pickup and you save on shipping. It's finer than the picture closeup shows. PM if interested or call 212-919-2366
;D

Hey Steve I was hoping someone would chime in. But I guess not. For my 120 which is 1200 SQ inches vs 900 for your cube I used 4X30lb dry sand 1X40lb live sand. So 160 lbs total sand. I also put my rocks down first and then sand so that displaced some sand.....giving me a deeper sandbed. I guess mine is fairly deep not sure if it qualifies as DSB but close.
Here is the pic of my corner (with some of your frags in it to give you a better idea).
frags2008.jpg

Thanks JR for the input. I really dont want it to be too deep. I was using Sand bed Calculation over in Rcentral and I guess I will have to 94lbs to have a 2" sand bed .. not sure if its right but I guess I needed 2 bags of the one in DRs foster..