• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone have a stock Oceanic Canopy.... I have a couple questions

I have a 70g Oceanic tank (so the canopy is the 58/70 size). I'm considering trading with someone here for one they aren't using and I'm trying to figure out if my planned future T5 fixture will fit inside.

The fixture is here: http://www.current-usa.com/nova_extreme_pro the 36" model which is 36" x 12" x 4.25, I'm not sure how tall the legs make it but assuming they are the same as my pc current fixture they add about 2".

Can someone tell me how the canopy rests on the tank and how much space there is inside of it height wise... would the fixture I'm looking at fit with the top/lid on the canopy? If the legs would make it to tall would I be able to attach some sort of ledges inside the canopy sides I could rest the fixture on?

Thanks!!!

My nova if i use the legs sits about 6" high.I dont know about the canopy though, my 125 canopy rests on edges of tank,so im not sure if you can use the legs on the nova. Eric

I have an Oceanic 75g and it has 4" of clearance with the unneccessary cross brackets in and 6" (maybe 6.5 at the very most) inches with them removed. I just placed retro T5s in it recently. Another two inches would have made this much easier to get air circulaton, put fans in the sides or back or fixtures like the one you have in.

I think the 70g probably has a different footprint, so it probably does not use the identical canopy. (I would check further then - you might want to brng the fixture over to check it) There is most likely no room for MH, if you ever choose to add them.

I was mulling over this topic for quite some time and finally decided retro's would be best for air circulaton.
Bob

Candi,

I think you would be blocking the ventilation even if it did fit inside your canopy. You should either:

a) go without canopy
b) hang as pendant
c) look into a retro kit