• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

anyone keep koi fish?

looking to pickup a few small koi or pond type fish...online is pricey, more than expected. anyone keep them and pickup locally at a store?

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I don’t have a koi pond anymore but I use to get my fish from ocean gallery on rt22. They usually have a great selection in the basement of the store.
I have actually got some koi from the guy in Mattawan
And he also has a lot of healthy fish.

There is also a pond store on rt 22 if you are going to ocean gallery it would make sense to stop by.
They don’t have fish but they have a bunch of pond things.

momof6kids

NJRC Member
I have gotten some at Petco in Raritan. And if you want to go really cheap, you can buy feeder goldfish. I still have some that I got for 12 cents from there. ;)

i agree with Yates about monmouth feed/waterworld (the pond side of the business). They are right off 195 - i had a pond and got the fish from there. Shobunkin (sp?) were a great "crossover" fish. Had the look of Koi without the price and grow very nicely and are really hardy. Mine would swim out from under the ice every spring and would always have new ones breeding every year. Stocked once and never needed to restock.

There is a guy in Sicklerville that sells them at a good price, I got 22 koi in my pond and they are awesome. Look on craiglist South Jersey