• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Aqua C Remora HOB skimmer leaking, not sure what to use to fix

Hopefully someone with some acrylic experience can help me out. I have a Remora skimmer and the seal around the gray tube that enters into the black main body of the skimmer is leaking drops of water out. What can I purchase (and where) to reseal this tube?

Thanks!

if you have glue that you would use to attach frags that would work. use the gel type this way it don't just seep through

Candi if you want im trying to pick up an aqua cremora nano. i just want the prefilter box, its costing me 65 bucks. PM me

Thanks but I was actually getting this ready to sell to another reefer here, and realized it was leaking when I tested it.

The gel glue didn't work, was still getting seepage so I'm looking for something specifically made to seal this type of thing on the acrylic :)

Could I use something like E6000 glue?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Acrylic glue is weldon. That would be the best stuff to use. I think weldon 16 is thicker than the 3 or 4 and would be what you want here.

Clear 2 part epoxy would work the best. Home Depot or Lowes. Comes in a syringe type dispenser . Dries hard and clear.

ReeferNets said:
Candi if you want im trying to pick up an aqua cremora nano. i just want the prefilter box, its costing me 65 bucks. PM me

Are buying that off MR. If so it was mine ;D . I sold only a week or so ago to the guy and he seems like he decided quit the hobby, at least that's what he said. ???

I wish I was, and thank you so much for the offer... but my Dad is coming in town just for the weekend from CA so I don't think I can make it. If that changes I'll be sure to drop you a PM :D
JasonR said:
Yes Weldon 16
Are you comming to the Xmas Party I can bring some and we can glue it then?
Jason

Thanks for the tip, assuming that's easier to find.. will it work as well or am I better off getting the weldon, since I'm looking to sell this I want to make sure it holds up.
diverrk said:
Clear 2 part epoxy would work the best. Home Depot or Lowes. Comes in a syringe type dispenser . Dries hard and clear.

EDIT: Assuming I can't make it to the party, does anyone know of a place near Middletown where I could get a tube of the Weldon 16?

Thanks!

Thanks to those who suggested the Weldon 16, I spoke to Aqua C today and they confirmed that it's what they use in building them even, so I should be good as new once I buy a tube :)