• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ATO recommendations?

i've seen bad reviews on the JBJ. other than that i've never looked further trying to get a feel for user's experiences?

40 bucks for a single switch? ehh. 60 for a jbj or 70 for a tsunami which has two? i do want one cheap but... it would seem better to go with the other two.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
evoIX said:
i've seen bad reviews on the JBJ. other than that i've never looked further trying to get a feel for user's experiences?

I have been running a JBJ AutoTop off for 3 years without a problem. Never had a hickup. Like all devices bases on float switches, you have to clean them once in a while..

any recommendations on tsunami ATO? I really want two inputs for sump and container so pump won't burn out if empty

that's why i personally rather have a ATO. especially since it is a Reef Ready if it stops flowing it'll run dry quick and i'll be screwed.

so far it's between jbj (even with some negative feedbacks **which there is always those that are going to complain about a defect** and the ones that have a good experience will rarely post) and phyl's suggestions.

I also purchased a JBJ and set it up a month ago. Works great only issue it has a safety timer which you can adjust to max 14 minutes. The problem i was having the distance from my container to my sump was so far apart that it would not reach the right level in the given time. So what was happening it would not reset after it went into safety mode therefore it wasnt working anymore. Problem solved when i placed it on a timer.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We have our Aquacontroller turning our pump on for a short period of time every 6 hours.

I placed the autotop off on the timer. I have it come on every two hours for 15 minutes about 6 times a day. The water level is perfect you would have to play around with yours to see how many times you would need it on. ;D

I think I will look on doing an aqualifter on a timer.. I have the tunze now and pissing me off ..Lastnight it decided to not work :-X...