• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Auto Top Off by jbj lighting

Is anyone here using this type of top off. Just set mine up and i am having problems with it. OK i set up both sensors in my sump one to activate the pump when low and the other to deactivate when high. The problem is that my pump is not producing enough water to be able to cover the difference between sensors. This ATO is equipped with a timer that automatically stops everything and goes into a stand by mode. I set the timer to the max allowed which is 14 minutes but still not enough time. Does anyone else have this problem and what can i do to fix this. Running a bigger pump is not really an option. Is there a way that the timer can be removed? :-[

Forgot to mention when it goes into this stand by mode is stays there and doesnt reset therefor when ever the water gets low its not going to kick the pump on.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sounds like you are using B Mode, try "A" mode, then the difference in the water depth refill is only the height of the float. The other float then goes into you storage container so if its empty the unit won't start. If you don't want to put it in the container, then just disconnect it.

i ran out of time and didnt get to try that out completly. That might not be enough time either due to the water flow coming in. Might have to switch the pump to a bigger one. But due the maxijet pump use 1/4 tubing.

pgordemer

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
saltwaterguy112 said:
i ran out of time and didnt get to try that out completly. That might not be enough time either due to the water flow coming in. Might have to switch the pump to a bigger one. But due the maxijet pump use 1/4 tubing.

I have my maxijet 1200 using 1/2" tubing and it is over 20ft long with a good 6-8ft rise and it has no problems at all. Filling the 40 gallon breeder sump 1 inch in 1 minute.