• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Barnigate Area

Have a freind in Barnigate who would like to hire someone to set up and maintain a tank for him? Can anyone here, recomend a business in the area that does this, or a person who does this?
Thanks
Owen

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry I don't know anyone, Owen. I got my setup from Tropaquarium. They had the best setup (and at the time) the most knowledgeable staff around. I'd probably do the same thing over again if I were to start over today, in spite of how much I've learned. Very little of the money that I spent was "wasted" though I'm sure I could have gotten things for less had I shopped the net instead.

I take it he doesn't want to do the tank maintenance himself? So much of what you do with a reef requires a little diddling every day (a test here or there, dose this or that, top off a little water) and very little of it is time consuming chores that would take an hour of someone's time (even water changes only take me 10m). Maybe feeding takes me the longest. That might take me 15-20m with prep time and 2 tanks (and one eel that is hand fed each piece of food) to feed; but that has to be done every day.

It might be helpful to know exactly what this person is looking for from us. I bet we could come up with a buy list for him if he gave us his budget. We can certainly offer lots of hand holding... but I don't know that there's anyone here who would be able to do an ongoing maintenance of the system. HTH.