• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

best LFS for fish?

ok so i've red a bunch of threads on RC and NJRC about LFS and i've read good and bad things about pretty much everywhere...

so where is the best LFS to get fish? trop? eagles reef? the hidden reef(not sure if it is open yet)? other?

C

concept3

what kind of fish are you looking for though? Some stores like to carry the "norm" but stores like trop always seem to be able to cater to those who are in need of "special" fish.

yellow tang, powder blue tang, naso tang, flame angel, tiger tail cucumber, copperbanded butterfly, sixline wrasse, and anthias. nothing too fancy.

i'd like to be able to order all of my tangs at once have the pet store keep them in the same tank for two weeks so i can monitor their behavior and then take them home.

Hey Chris,

I was in Eagle Reefs yesterday and there was a nice Copperband and some nice Anthias; Bartletts and Dispar. I wasn't paying attention to Tangs, except for some nice Koles.

LMK if someone agrees to holdin gfish for two weeks.

yeah i was at eagles reef earlier this week talking with bob, really nice guy by the way, and i only saw one dead fish in all of his tanks, a couple tanks had cyano algea but for the most part they were pretty clean. i bought two shrimp and 4 blue/green chromis. everything is doing good so far however, one of the blue/green chromis looks like it's got ammonia burn but they are very susceptable to that and could have gotten it from my 1 hour commute home... anyway i might go with eagles reef but i've heard good things about trop and wanted to know if trop was better than eagles?

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
I go to both store all the time. Trop has alot more corals and Fish than Bob. They are both cool stores I have gotten corol from both and fish from Trop. and never had a problem. Either of the two would probably hold the fish for you for a few weeks.

Trop has two 1600 gallon display tanks that are worth the trip

falconut

NJRC Member
If you live in Mt. Laurel.  You should go to Aquarium Center.  They are in Blackwood, it's only about 20 - 30 minutes from you.  They are on Blackwood-Clementon Road and their website is www.aquariumcenter.biz.  They usually carry the fish you listed.  They have one of the biggest fish selections in the area and their fish are usually very healthy.

Or you could try Aquarium Discount, nice store and healthy fish, just not nearly as many tanks.  They are located on Route 73 in Marlton just north of the 70-73 circle.  They should only be about 5 - 10 minutes from you.

If you go to Aquarium Discount and don't find what you're looking for you could try In Living Color, if they're still there.  They weren't as good as the other two.  Little more pricey and not always well stocked.  But, I haven't been there for a month, so not sure about them.  They were also having problems with their tanks, so again not sure if they fixed the problems or if they're still there.  I would call first.  They are located on Route 70 just west of the 70-73 circle, left side just before McDonalds.  HTH