• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Buying RO water?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have never had to buy water, but I just ran into a problem. I hooked my RO/DI up to my house and found out that the well pump doesn't have enough pressure for it to work efficiently. My 100gpd unit is now producing a whopping .5 gals/hr for a grand total of around 12gpd. :mad: At that rate it will take me about 35 days to fill my system.

I will be ordering the booster pump from AWI tomorrow or I can wait for the group buy and buy water somewhere.

The problem Is I will be ready to fill my system completely this week which will be around 420 gals. I have 2 55's with lids so I could transport, but I do not know how much RO water costs, how much can be supplied at one time, and the quality of the water or even who sells it for that matter. I'm in Tabernacle so I was thinking Aquarium Center in Blackwood or The Hidden reef if they sell water.

What should I do?
:-\
Taz

Some places very with price, the only place on knowing off the top of my head sells just RO water for 50cents a gallon, RO salt water is 99cents a gallon. Dont know if that is a good price or not, just the only advertised price ive seen

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the offer Razor, I am sure many in the club would offer if I asked. This club is always there for members. Quite honestly, I don't know how much RO water people have stored at any given time, but 400 gallons could prove to be one costly trip to visit all willing to help with today's gas prices. I did actually think about asking though. It would be pretty cool to visit everybody and check out their systems.

I will have to see what happens in the next day or so.

Taz

well maybe.. we could all meet somewhere in between everybody.. i could bring like 10 or 20g, my unit only produce 24gpd.. which sucks but it gets the job done. we could bring a tds meter and check the quality just to be sure everything is kosher.

what's your tapwater look like? Something that big I'd consider using it for a initial fill. (Matter of fact when I go large I will be.)

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the posts guys and especially for the offer Razor. The lightbulb lit up over my head last night as I was going to sleep that I could just bring my Ro unit to my parents house and transport the water back to my house via my 55's. And my old man said he'd only charge me a quarter per gallon...LOL

Taz

Did you order a booster pump already Grizzvander has one for sale if you didn't already order one.I think he is only asking $45.00 It was mine actually he has I did't need it anymore just gave it to him.