• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

caas1496's Bare Bottom 40B

I am working on setting up a new tank so I figured this would be a good time to start a Tale of the Tank thread. This 40 breeder will be consolidating my 20G Nuvo and 2.5 gallon pico tank and giving me some more free space for new coral :)

Here is some info about the tank and a couple of pics of the plumbing and aquascape.

Tank: Drilled 40 Breeder with Modular Marine Overflow (Bean Animal Style)

Sump: 20 Gallon Long with Custom Baffles
Custom 20G Long Sump: Design Feedback Wanted

Filtration: Refugium and Klir Filter Roller
Lighting: ??
Flow:
Sicce 2.0 return pump with RFG nozzles
Powerhead TBD
Heater: 200W Cobalt Neotherm

20191208_205433.jpg

20191110_193510.jpg

Ill try to get some pics posted of the livestock in my current tanks that will be moved into this one.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Looking for opinions on lights or just not sure with what you are going with? Plumbing and sump look really clean.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
That's a pretty sump. I've been struggling with my klir 7 a bit. It boiled down to me having to keep the eye clean. Clean it every few days with a toothbrush, and you will save a lot of roll. Still way better than filter socks.