• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Calcium Reactor and PH reading

My calcium reactor has no port to insert a PH Probe. I would like to have a constant reading of the PH inside the reactor. How can I achieve this? Would it be best for me to get a PH controller or a monitor? I do have an ACJr.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You can use your controller attached to your ACJr as a controller to keep the PH of the effluent consistant and get a monitor to track your tank PH. Or you can get a second controller to monitor the effluent.

Thanks Phyl. My problem as well is having a constant reading of the effluent since my reactor has no input for a ph probe. I guess the only thing I can do is have the effluent run into a cup with a ph probe/monitor in it and have the effluent overflow the cup into the sump. Do you think this will work?

By the way, where can I get the pic for MACNA?

mott768 said:
what brand reactor? You may be able to mod it and put a probe port or they may make a replacement lid with one.

I have no idea what brand it is. I purchased it from a reefer who was getting out of the hobby. The reactor has no name on it that I can tell. I will try to take a picture of it and maybe someone can recognize it.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have my effluent dripping into a cup mounted above the water line in my sump with the PH probe in there and then overflowing into the sump. Works fine for us, in case you don't get the PH probe holder.

Thanks Mott. Will look into it. If not I will try the cup thing.

UPDATE--- Just ordered two from GEO.

Thanks again.

I had made a pvc adapter that the probe fit into and effluent would drip into it past the probe then into the sump. I will look for it and post a picture. I used a couple 90,Tees,and short pipe

Google Melev and effluent cup. You will see how he first had it drip into a plastic cup, and then improve to an acrylic effluent box/probe holder. I'm using one of these that he made and I like it.