• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Calling all clown goby owners!

Hey Guys,

I bought a clown goby a few weeks ago and it still refuses to eat. It will eat but it spits the food right back out. Anyone have any recommendations for food? I have tried NLS pellets, blender mush, and mysis.

Thanks,

Tagging along as I have gone through half a dozen clown gobies between the green and yellows and never had them make it longer than a week or two.

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Weird, I have a citron one and it has been thriving for two years. This might sound weird but I have mixed frozen foods with the powdered coral food by brs and have had success getting fish to eat. I have an extra container if you want to try it.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I also have a citrus clown goby and it eats all types of flake foods since I've got it. Its a little pig to be honest. If you have any larger fish with it. it might be intimidated by them, mine was like that for a few weeks.

I have not tried flake or lrs frozen. I will see what I can pick up today. It was intimidated by the bigger fish at first but now it is coming out more. Hopefully it will eat soon because it is skinny.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

You could try live brine shrimp if you haven't already. Also if nothing else is working I would start to think of ways you may be able to reduce stress which may help his appetite. Have you tried cyclops? If you get live brine shrimp I would put food in on one side of the tank and then quickly put the live brine on the opposite side where the clown goby is. Good luck this situation is not fun.

i would also try tigger pods. if hes at least pulling food into his mouth then thats a good sign.. he probably hasnt found or tried something he likes yet.