• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Can i add rock

If i have thriving sps in my tank am i able to add cured rock to my tank i think i can but im just makeing sure

thanks in advance for any help

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Add slowly as to not kill off existing bacteria from nutrient loss.When I add or change out rock I do 10-15 lbs. per week and have zero problems.

reefsandrotts said:
Add slowly as to not kill off existing bacteria from nutrient loss.When I add or change out rock I do 10-15 lbs. per week and have zero problems.
i second that good advice.

malulu

NJRC Member
for about 100g of water, you can "have" about 1/3 of the rock would looks great in your tank.

BUT, make sure your rocks are fully cured before you add them in your tank, if they are not cured, I would say on the safe side, add about 7-lb or so at a time.

you can find many articles on the web about how to cure live rock, here is one of them on a quick search http://www.livestockusa.org/CURING.html