• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Canadian Smoke

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm in Sayreville and the smoke from the fires in Canada are especially bad tonight. Have all the windows and doors closed. Neighbor didn't believe me when I told her it was coming from Canada.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
We just had a fire in tuckerton. This Canada one doesn't seem to have reached south jersey
Last week one of the Canadian fires reached us. Down the coast starting around Long Branch and down past Sea Side. By my house the air was smokey.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
When I got off the PATH train in Newark tonight, the smell of smoke was very strong. Everyone noticed it as soon as they got on the platform.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Seems all of NJ today has poor air quality and NY has the worst in the world per NJ12.
Anyway last evening this was sun pic I took. Supposedly red because of the wild fires.

1686140462493.png

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I never understood my history lesson of the Great London Smog of 1952......until now. How could that happen....and last days. That event killed thousands and lasted for days...but was from burning coal, and the smog just hung low around London. Now I understand....but our smog all the way from Canada? Still hard to believe.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Been on calls all morning for work. Just took the dogs out and usually walk 1/2 to 1 mile. Well, the dogs started sneezing immediately, the haze and smoke smell was bad. I walked about 10 mins and went home. Now I am coughing and taking deep breaths.

bigyankfan

Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I work in Jersey City. The fist pic is Downtown which is hazy and the second is Midtown, which you can't even see.

Attachments

• PXL_20230607_160801307.jpg
    PXL_20230607_160801307.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230607_160756788.jpg
    PXL_20230607_160756788.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I work in Jersey City. The fist pic is Downtown which is hazy and the second is Midtown, that you can't even see.
That is crazy. News said NYC had worst air quality. When you think about the smog over L.. A. it most be bad.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Mark beat me to it. As sucky as this is it may be one of the few times in life you’ll be able to look directly at the sun. Its beautiful.
IMG_6506.jpeg

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Simply, stated the air quality sucks and everyone do want they feel necessary to be safe. I only went out for 10min yesterday to walk the dogs and the gym last night.
Have to say even inside the gym it was a bit hazy, I assume from people opening the doors entering and leaving; not sure I will go back tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I thought this thread about a new strain of pot from Canada lol:) Yesterday was very weird-was told us old folks should stay indoors, so I did, smoke was so bad at times it looked like fog- orange sun- felt like an eclipse at times- today was much better, things should improve a lot over the next couple of days