• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

China wrasse Anampses neoguinaicus

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Anyone here have one?
They are known as china wrasse,I have 1 in 30 day qt from a shop out of state cant wait for it to come.
Heres a pic *not mine only for reference*

I was going to get one can't remember which store I saw it in but after reading this review and many like it I decided not to
"Anampses Neoguinaicus-China Wrasse
A very beautiful wrasse that is very hard to keep. Most will not eat and spend a lot of their time in the sand, so a sand bed is needed. Need to be kept with non aggressive fish. Even though it's very temping to get this fish because of it's beauty it should really not be purchased as most if not all die."

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
The one in qt for me is doing great its eating frozen and getting fat, I also have a fully t an conditioned leopard wrasse coming in the same order.

I saw one @ Aquarium Center. Was fairly inexpensive and was definitely tempted. I passed though since I knew nothing about them. Its amazing how its come to the point now where I can watch a discovery show about the coral reef and like identify like 80% of the fish being shown. This one was an oddity because I had never seen it before.