• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clams ok?

would clams be ok with this fishload, 1 clarki clown 2 chromies 1 firefish 1 coral beauty 1 yellow tang, 1 scopus tang, 1 flame hawk, 1 algae blenny.

Clams like water that is less than pristine, not dirty, but a little nitrate doesn't hurt them. They filter it out actually to a small extent.

coral beauty is very good and i actually have never seen him pick anything and thats pretty good with a number of zoo's mushrooms and softies in there right now.

what kind of lighting and size of tank?

stronger lighting will be needed for maximas/croceas. However weaker lighting may work with deresa/squamosa/gigas but those tend to grow very big.

I also agree with wendy - CB's are hit and miss around LPS or clams.

Hi...Tank and Lighting are OK....But Wendy (and Phil) raise a good point re the Coral Beauty....It will likely "pick at" the clam.

Dom

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Even if it doesn't pick at SPS it may pick at the clam as that is like candy for them.

2 clams in my tank coral beauty has not touched them one clam has been in there for 4 or more months second one I got at AO last anniversary sale Derrassa and Crocea