• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clear or Black SILLY-cone

In my search for a 120g single corner reef ready tank I am out of options. I need the drain to be on the right side and all standard drains are on the left. That being said I am just going to get a tank built.

One of the options is color of silicone... I understand that it is all up to the personal preference but I was wondering if I may be missing something. I am leaning toward going with black. however I remember when I was first buying frag racks for my tank and wanted the black ones but then read how the black ones cast a nasty shadow on whatever is under it so I ended up getting the clear ones.

I just re-applied silicone to a 75 gal RR that I'll be switching for my current non-RR and I did black but I also painted the back in black so it match.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

Matt first congrats on the new tank I would go with black also my tank has clear and it doesn't stay clear forever just my 2 cents

I just placed the order for the tank and went with black silicone and a black back. and most importantly a single drain and 2 returns in the back RIGHT corner!!!!