• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Clown tang???

Heard they are agressive...How agressive...Like a trigger? can they coexist with a potters angel? Same size...as of now...Are they a 1 tank fish....Are they the most agressive tang....or is that the sohal? Anyone have enough experience to rank tangs in order of agressivness???

I know that they are one of the most aggressive, if not the most aggressive tang. They are about as aggressive as a Sohal, and are really mean. I do not think that they would do well with a Potters angelfish. You'd also most likely need a large tank as they are very active swimmers.

-Steve

I had a small one. I had no problem with him. I had him with purple, yellow and hippo tangs. He was the last fish in my 180. They are very hard to keep IMO.

roadking05 said:
I had a small one. I had no problem with him. I had him with purple, yellow and hippo tangs. He was the last fish in my 180. They are very hard to keep IMO.

Extremely hard to keep as juveniles. One of the reasons that the juvies are so cheap.

I LOVE Clown tangs. They are so gorgeous! BUT, I tried 2 - they both died, they were both juvies. I won't buy another either. :(

From everything I've heard and read is that the key is to find a very healthy specimen that is eating well. I think a tank of 180 and bigger is a must for this fish, as they are extremely active, and they need high water turbulence, and really high surface agitation.

Also, if you're lucky enough to have one survive, he will most likely become the boss of the tank - and won't hesitate to use his tail to injure other tankmates.

I still feel badly about having lost 2 - almost like a murderer.