• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Controllers

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What kind of controllers are you using for your whole system? Which one would you reccommend, the same one or something else?

Tazmaniancowboy

I have an AquaController Jr. I bought it over a year ago because I needed a ph controller for my calcium reactor. This little computer does so much more. It has eight channels that you can control. Three of the channels control my lights, two pendants and a moon light. Another channel controls my heater, there is an option for chiller as well. Another channel controls my calcium reactor. You can use any channel to turn pumps on and off for a wave maker. The nice thing about the controller is that you can set up each individual channel the way you want. You can set the outlets to go on and off based on time, temperature, or ph. You can also turn on manual control and just turn an outlet on or off, or program it to auto. The accessories I bought with it are the temp. probe, the ph probe and the DC8 which allows you to plug in and control 8 channels. Like most pieces of equipment that were worthwhile I had to think about it for a while trying to justify the price. Like a good skimmer, good lighting, or a Tunze, once you make the commitment to buy it you will be happy you did.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a AC Jr. and love it! Controls my lights (T5s & MHs), heater/chiller, wavemaker (3 powerheads).

Bob