• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral Beauty or Flame Angel

I currently have both.....if I had to chose which one I would keep it would be the flame (my coral beauty is more aggressive than the flame)

Temperaments vary fish by fish though. I have seen flames that were the nastiest thing in their tank so it totally depends on the individual fish.

Here is the coral beauty I have.
p1923129.jpg

p1923120.jpg

p1878720.jpg

and now the flame
p1912733.jpg

p1923121.jpg

p1923128.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys i was also kind of leaning on a flame angel. I like the colors more also

diverrk said:
had both, I preferred the flame for it's color. Check out the Potters Angel they are really nice also

The potter is nice but i think the flame would attract alot of peoples attentions.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Why not go for the best of both worlds and get a Clarion Angel? They sort of resemble a cross between the two . . . of course they're a little hard to find and range in price from $2500 to $3500. I think a school of them would look great in your tank, though!

clarionangel.jpg

Absolutely Fish has a Clarion for $3499 if you wanted to grab one before the weekend. African flame backs are nice also if you wanted to cheap out. ;D

JohnS_323 said:
Why not go for the best of both worlds and get a Clarion Angel? They sort of resemble a cross between the two . . . of course they're a little hard to find and range in price from $2500 to $3500. I think a school of them would look great in your tank, though!

clarionangel.jpg

I actually have one in my 210 your right it is a great addition.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would I spend that much money!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have had both, would also recommend the flame. Coral beauty is more aggressive and I like the coloring of the flame. We have also had a pygmy angel and currently have a flameback. The flamback is doing very well but I have been told they can get a nasty attitude problem when the grow up.

Here is my favorite dwarf angel for looks. However if you can find one they go for around $10k

http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/fish/angelfishes/centropyge/Cnahackyi.htm

Not a big fan of the adult coloring of the Clarion:

http://www.saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/fish/angelfishes/holacanthus/Hclarionensis.htm

ive had both and their both nice looking but would choose the flame over the coral beauty any day. depending on how big your tank is you could do both.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this so if I can't please remove it. I have an awesome hookup for fish and inverts....Let me know what your looking for and I will get you a price.

I spoke to John and pyhillis last night and I want to respect their wishes we are going to talk about my options after macna