• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Coral shopping near Manasquan

My daughter is enrolled at a swim camp at manasquan for the next week and a half.I have 3 1/2 hours to kill in the afternoon....any places to look at coral in the vicinity?

Shouldn't be too far of a drive but Aquarium care center and tropiquarium are right across the street from each other on rt 35 in ocean.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Shouldn't be too far of a drive but Aquarium care center and tropiquarium are right across the street from each other on rt 35 in ocean.

+1 From Manasquan they are less than a half hour away and they are across the street from each other. Aqua Oceans is south in the other direction, which is a good store but from where you are and hitting two stores, I would go there.

Also, there is a guy in manasquan. Greg(whitebird on njrc). Doesn't post often but usually lists stuff on Craigslist. I believe it is mostly beginner, lower end corals. Not sure if he's still going or not though.

Thanks guys I will check out ACC or Trop next Wed. Greg, if I am correct was at my table for Cops lecture/meet last year when I had a 10 gal nano. I won a frag pack from him that is still going strong. Got a single head of green hammer that is in my daughters nano...7 heads now, orange and green digi, galaxia in daughters and a pocilopora in my 55... I know it's a pocilopora but it was my first real sps and I don't have the heart to part with it as it has done quite well.

I was over Greg's a little while ago. If you want call Manasquan taxi and ask for him. He's a good guy. Nice to chat with. :)