• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Corner overflows?

I was actually lookin for the same thing for the soon to be 40 gallon breeder im buying.

I heard that you can only purchase ones made by AGA.

im joining you in this one.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
jsantoli said:
My tank is 24 inches high.  How do you bend the acrylic though and get the "comb" effect at the top?

To get the “comb” effect, I would use a router on a router table.  After doing this, I would make a mold (out of wood…1/4 inch plywood), and place the acrylic on the mold and put it in my oven at the lowest setting (warm).  Wait until it has formed around the mold and you now have the overflow custom made.

Did something similar to make an island for the oversized red eared slider turtle we have...which now needs a bigger tank!

RedEaredSlider.jpg

Joe i know of a company in North Plainfield by me that does acrylic.

PE Plastics in NorthPlainfield on Craig St

Pete is the owner if you get him a design he can make it no problem.

Or you can wait and order those from that website.

It seems like a lot for a simple piece of acrylic from that site. I will look into your guy and see what he would charge first. Thanks for the heads up

Joe,

Are you trying to drill your tank and add a corner overflow box afterwards? Wouldn't a HOB overflow box be cheaper and easier at this point? Either that or just buy a RR tank.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
It's a shame this wasn't posted 2 weeks ago. I took out the corner overflow of a 75RR tank. The tank was broken and I converted into a reptile cage. Unfortunately, I tossed out the piece thinking no one would need it.