• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Current Powerbrites? Anyone tried them yet?

http://www.current-usa.com/powerbrite.html

Just wondering if anyone has tried these yet? I have a 70g Oceanic and switching my PC to a 36" current nova extreme pro T5HO soon, wondering if this would be a good extra for my wish list to add a bit more light/color? Would you think the actinic to add to my otherwise stock (for now) bulbs would be worth it?

Thanks for any input, or photos if you're running these!

Candi,

The nova will already come with sufficient lighting for your tank and the stock bulbs are half daylight and half blues. Don't think this item adds much value except the shimmer effect.

Ive been seeing more about leds but I think the jury is still out,I found this site LEDtronics.com check it out I was thinking on the strips just as an add on shimmer effect,if I decide not to do the halides and use 4 vho's

Unless you pay a couple of grand for one of those led lighting systems i dont think you could run just led

I was just looking at it as a supplement for my new t5's, knowing it's not going to add anything really to the actual light output figured it might give a slight boost to the colors and would be used for the shimmer effect others have mentioned, figured for $50 maybe it would be worth it?

$50 might be worth a try. Can they function as lunars? The lunars on the nova extreme are pretty weak. This could be a good supplement if they work as such.

I actually got the nova pro so I don't even have moonlights, I have a couple of those link together little square ones I figured I'd use.. not sure on the powerbrites for moonlights, I think I read they are to bright... though given the angle I'd likely have to install at to fit in my canopy it might work. If I decide to order then and try them out I'll be sure to let you guys know :)

Candi said:
I actually got the nova pro so I don't even have moonlights, I have a couple of those link together little square ones I figured I'd use.. not sure on the powerbrites for moonlights, I think I read they are to bright... though given the angle I'd likely have to install at to fit in my canopy it might work. If I decide to order then and try them out I'll be sure to let you guys know :)

Please do so I would really like to know how they work. I think that you would need the white ones though to get the shimmer effect i dont think the blues will do it