• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Custom AIO long and shallow 4 gallon advanced acrylic reef.

Long enough title? :p

The tank dimensions are 36x8x6" High.

I still have to build the AIO section. still deciding on the size and style.

Equipment list so far,

Ranco temp. controller

ebo-jager heater ( if i can fit one)

Either a rapidled 24 led kit, or 3 LED-tric tri-color par38's. any opinions?

Thinking about going with a closed loop, can anyone reccomend any quiet external pumps, with about 125 GPH?

Going with a minimalistic scape, with 2 "bansai" formations on either side of the tank, giving plenty of open floor space.

Maxi-jet return most likely.

Any comments/opinions/suggestions are welcomed!

tank3.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank4.jpg

This pic kind of shows the scale of the tank,
tank.jpg

That's a cool tank!

What are you going to keep? That will swing your light choice.

For flow I'd go with a low watt Korillia, too much heat from a CL.

This is 1/2" acrylic, no bowing here Lol. I think the koralia will create a sandstorm in this tank, never thought about heat from a CL.. i have 4 micro tunze pumps here, but i think it might ruin the rimless look with all the wires coming out of the tank. only stocking this tank with zoas, palys, mushrooms, leathers, possibly a frogspawn or other lps

Mine is 1/2" as well from advanced acrylic and it bows bad. Mine is 24 x 20 x 8.... Just keep an idea on it

Sent from my mind.

Well thats why Lol, 24x8 has more pressure than 8x6, I've already filled the tank and theres no bowing. Thanks for the heads up though.

i wouldnt do sand. it might be cool to put an overflow at one end with a powerhead at the other? anyways interesting tank dimensions

I'm going to do sand, just becuase im going to have a minimal amount of rock in this tank, the extra Bio filtration will be needed, plus i never really liked the look of BB tanks. I need your guys' opinion.

Should i go with an led set up, or should i get a 36" coralvue 2x39w t-5 retrofit kit with ATI bulbs?

Worked on the aquascape a bit, this isnt the final location. sorry for the low quality of the pictures, couldnt find the camera so i used my phone,
aquascape3-1.jpg

aquascape-1.jpg

aquascape2-1.jpg

aquascape4-1.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I know you asked this awhile ago, but I think your best option for lighting would be the t5s. Everything else would be a waste/ way to strong.