• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

dissapointing auction (Pieces of the Ocean)

I was extremely disappointed to find out that the domino clownfish I had won in the auction was actually not even in the store in Staten Island today. This was an hour drive for me. The sales person said the fish was at a show in Connecticut. Also a Jason Fox coral I was winning mysteriously disappeared within a minute of the auction ending. I will keep you guys posted in how this gets resolved but at this time I can't recommend bidding in their auction or doing business there. Kind of a hassle.

radiata

NJRC Member
Sounds like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing with the Domino. Maybe they'll ship it to you for free.

On the JF Coral, could someone have bought it outright just before the auction ended? I'm not a big fan of their auction software. At least on eBay you can look back a few days later and see what happened. That said, I do bid on POTO auctions - the $8 shipping (Goethals Bridge) is less than any eBay auction site charges :joyous:. I was there this past week on a pick-up. I found them despite my GPS going into an endless loop and having me drive around their block several times - never got the "your destination is on the..." message.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I noticed yesterday they have a buy it now option. It could have very well been bought by someone. It stinks you drove all that way and came home empty handed. Working during the week, the only time you could be there is the weekend

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I don't like you have to win a minimum of 2 actions or they don't ship. I won't waste my time bidding cause of that disclaimer.

It could have been purchased on the buy it now option. I did not see the frag in the store this morning. Strange it was the very last minute of the auction.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
@greybolt03 Hey mike. Call me. I appreciate your salt donation. But would like to give it you :)

My domino clownfish showed back up at the store. He is very awesome and worth the hassle of driving to Staten Island again. The store owner gave me an excellent frag to make up for the mixup. This time around in the store they had some very excellent SPS that was not fragged yet. I have not seen any of these exotics anywhere else around. Could be worth your time if you are looking for that.