• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anyone have some 1/2" Kink free hose?

Does anyone have some 1/2" Kink free hose? I'm running a chiller on my nano and the hose "collapses" on turns and the flow is almost none by the time it gets to the tank.

Also where should the pump be located before the chiller or after?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You could "bend" the hose by filling it with sand and heating it up and then bending it. It would then have a more natural curve to it and less likely to kink on you.

I know. You were looking for hose, but that's the best I could do!

The pump should be placed before the chiller to force the water through it. You can also use hose clamps at the kinked area to support the tube so it doesn't collapse. I use 3 or 4 right next to each other on one of my drains to solve the same problem.

Jcurry@wesketch said:
You can also use hose clamps at the kinked area to support the tube so it doesn't collapse. I use 3 or 4 right next to each other on one of my drains to solve the same problem.

Thanks that is a great idea.