• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Does anyone own/breed boxers here?

We've been considering a 2nd dog (we have a 2 yr old female rescue shepard mix however she has a genetic problem and very bad arthritus/hips and can't go for the long walks I envisioned etc) and I've always loved boxers... was wondering if anyone here breeds them or if someone knows of a nice family breeder (someone who raises them with children etc, we have a 3 yr old daughter). If we decide to move forward with the idea we'd be looking for a male puppy, pet quality on a neuter contract.

Thanks

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you change you're mind, I have a 2 year old Male Pomerian. Good with kids. Think you might have seen him.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh you can tell I'm not a dog person, huh? Boxers, bulldogs... pugs. Is there a difference? LOL!

LOL thanks everyone :D

Mike: we're "bigger" dog type people, although I do think poms are cute... however my last dog was a rottie, I adored her and some day when Aliya is a teenager I'll have another, but for me our 55lb shepard mix seems small... so a boxer seems about the right temperment/size/activity level for what I'd like... Craig in usual Craig fashion keeps going back and forth on the idea.

We like bulldogs as well, well my husband more then me... we've considered a valley bulldog (which is a fancy name for a boxer/bulldog cross) but they are hard to locate and pricey.

I'll check out the boxer rescue, although being that we have a young child I think a puppy is the only option I'll consider and only if there is a really good idea of the parents if it's a mix.

They have puppies on there AND if you click on the extra dogs link they "had" some bulldog boxer mixes out there. Not sure if they still do now though.

I got 2 boxers a male and female best darn dogs in the world! They're so smart and lovable. I got mine from a breeder in Salem N.J. and the breeder is top notch. Let me know if you would be interested in their phone#.