• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Don't break the Chain Neon Green Star Polyps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several GSP frags/small colonies ranging from 1" to 3", here is info from the internet:

Green Star polyps are small bright green polyps connected together by a rubbery purple colored mat. Open during the day, retracted at night or when disturbed. Green Star polyps are extremely hardy and can survive most reef tank conditions.

Lighting: Will tolerate fairly low light levels, but tend to develop brighter colors under higher intensity lighting. A picture above shows a colony that is lighter in color due to being raise in lower lighting conditions.

Water Current: Green Star polyps prefer moderate water motion.

Temperature: Does well within a range of at least 74º to 84º F.

Aggressiveness: High. Although the coral does not have a stinging capability, it's encrusting growth pattern can lead to rapid encroachment on its neighbors. Mat can be pruned with scissors if it starts to get out of hand.

Green Star polyps are photosynthetic and require no feeding.

This is a great beginner coral for all of thoes newbies out there, if you want to see the colony I chopped up and I'm giving away, take a look at the Her 20 thread in the Nanos forum.

And rules are:
1. You must offer a frag of something to NJ Reefers Club members. DBTC before you pick it up.
2. You must pick it up from me, I am in Brielle, or arrange for someone else to pick it up from me with my prior consent.
3. I have final say on who gets the coral, some things I will may consider in making my decision include your experience and ability to keep the coral alive, and the length of time and the level of your involvement with NJRC.
4. I can change the rules of this offering.
5. And finally you must offer all future frags of this coral as NJ Reefers DBTC for the first year after you begin fragging the coral.

I'll see if I can get Mike to take some pics of the fraged colony tonight.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RevClyburn said:
Dag

wish I could get in on this,

but I don't have anything to give. DABNABIT!

Rev
Im the same way...but hope this carries on till I do have some things to offer. Right now im jumping from a 45gl to a 92 and all my money is being dumped into that.. Even selling my vintage motorcycle for LED lights and stuff..All good things come in time :)

im sure we could still pass along to u guys as long as u promise when u do get stuff u do the same...what do u think phyl.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The rules are made by the person who creates the thread. That is their decision to make in all cases.

I think that Switch and Phyl bring up good points . . . and so i'm adding rule No. 6

6. If you do not currently have frags to offer to other members, you can still request a GSP frag, but you must
(a) commit to volunteering for 2 hours at a future NJRC event; or
(b) commit to furthering the purpose of the board by engaging in volunteer work which furthers the goal of the community.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I really appreciate that guys and thank you!.. but i think i have to wait till my 92 is up and running .. my 45 is pretty stocked with fish and a few corals i got for free with the rock i got but at this point i don't want to over stock it just for the sake of free corals.. but i might hit you guys up in a month or two :)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
These were not zoas but green star polyps. I will post a pic later. But on a rather funny note, my wife decided to try and frag the whole GSP colony today while I was at work. I came home to find the tool kit out with the hammer and screw driver out. She did not go for the dremel tool, just the hammer and screwdriver which equals several frags of GSPs.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I am going to go ahead and lock this up as the GSP did not make it in the crash. We will get something back up here eventually, just give us time.

Status
Not open for further replies.