• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Eshopps overflow box question (new frag tank)

Hey all,
So I am wanting to start a frag grow out tank/quarantine tank and the plan is for a 50 gallon zoomed lowboy along with a 40 gallon sump. I am looking into the Eshopps overflow box and am unsure of which model to choose. The smallest one is a max size of 75 gallons with 600 GPH flow rate but I'm not sure if that is just display or total aquarium volume. The next size up is a max tank size of 100 gallons with a 800 GPH flow rate. For the return pump I am going back and forth between the cor-15 and cor-20 due to me investing a lot of money into apex and would like the integration of the return pump into the app. Would love to hear your guys feedback and opinions.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I've used these very often in the past, they're solid. In 10+ years never had a tank overflow and the siphon starts up clean after power outs.
You seem to be looking at the PF300, which is the nano version and you're looking at a complete water turnover about 6x per hour.
Personally I'd jump it up to the PF-800, which is the smallest size I use (had them on everything from 40g - 110g). Would work just as well, wider surface skim, easier to access and clean, and ups your turnover to 8x per hour.
I may have one of these in the garage somewhere, can check when I get home.