• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fauna NYC...upper west side new LFS

Was in the city over the weekend. Instead of Carmines we decided to return for some latin food and the place did not disappoint.

http://www.flordemayo.com/

Pollo ala brasa:

Chops & Plantains...

B
ut this post is not about food - which the above is fantastic for...(there were 9 of us and the bill was $100 for dinner...inclusive of tax and tip)...btw we could barely walk out as we stuffed ourselves. Check it out for great fare at great prices.

This post is about a really neat fish store in Manhattan besides MA/aka unique corals...

http://www.faunanyc.com/

Fauna NYC is located off the beaten path (unless you are eating at the above joint or carmines)...it has an array of birds/reptiles/amphibians on the first floor. There is a big display tank on the first floor. But the corals/fish are all downstairs.

Unfortunately i did not bring my camera as I didn't expect much from a LFS but i should have. There was a nice variety of fish - and in good health such as a magnificent fox face and sohal tang. The prices weren't crazy either with neon gobies at $22 or clownfish at $19.99. The ORA corals were nice but priced as such like red table corals at $67. They had cheaper frags of soft corals or zoas for $15 a frag. I did see some HA/aiptasia but nothing crazy.

Anyways my purpose there was just to check it out but I did pick up a pair of fighting conches. One was available downstairs and mark couldn't find another (after a very long search) and told me he'd get the other out of the display upstairs. He said he'd do it only because I had come out from jersey!...lol. Mark knew I had a long trip and wasn't going home soon so he used heavy bags and provided separate bags for each conch since they were out of two different systems. Guy knows his stuff !

sundays all saltwater livestock is 15% off!

Next time I will bring the camera...after acclimation and in my tank.
031-1.jpg