• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

February Meeting

Karenvas2

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Today's meeting was held at one of our newest member trio91. Members present were:
Herbiek
Karenvas2
Radiata
Myrjon
SeahorseKeepeer
Jonjonmolina
Fishbrain
Redfishbluefish

It was great seeing old friends and meeting a new one, Marcus. The primary discussion focused on should NJRC host a frag swap this year. Discussion went on for a good hour on this topic focusing on the lack of member participation. We also talked about ways to increase activity on the forum and to meeting.
We will be installing a new Board next month. We are still in need of members to run for the President's position. If any member wishes to run or nominate another, please do so. Finally, any input into taking the club back to its "glory days" of active membership would be greatly appreciated by the Board.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
have we looked into possibly getting interns for our volunteer needs? we could reach out to colleges and high schools for them. most of them require students to complete an internship of some kind as a part of their academic credits . i am sure this was mentioned at the meeting but it could possibly solve our "helping hands" issue for future events. i guess the question would be for us to assign somebody to facilitate something like that.

just a thought

I am new and would love to help out at any future events. As long as I am available you can count me in. Would love to go to the next meeting but I am currentyl working that day. I am hoping somebody can cover my shift.

i find myself not as active here due to less participation. i'll try to step up my game here.
as for bringing it back to the glory days... man i would love that. we could use twitter and facebook to reach out to more local reefers and bring them in. as well as holding a njrc frag swap as was discussed at the last meeting.

if i can help shoot me a pm, @SeahorseKeeper and @redfishbluefish both know me from other forums, if i can contribute i'm glad too