• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Filter Pad

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Not to impressive but works.
I forgot to pickup filter pads for the sea horse tank. Went online to order, expensive and a month to arrive.
So I improvised. Took the filter pad and cut out all material leaving the frame. Then cut up some blue/white and black carbon pads to size. Used a rubber band to hold it all together. A few pics. The first is original filter pad before I gutted it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_111059.jpg
    IMG_20200328_111059.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200405_174742.jpg
    IMG_20200405_174742.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 14
Call if it works it works and I didn’t really matters is the sea horses that are happy
Not to impressive but works.
I forgot to pickup filter pads for the sea horse tank. Went online to order, expensive and a month to arrive.
So I improvised. Took the filter pad and cut out all material leaving the frame. Then cut up some blue/white and black carbon pads to size. Used a rubber band to hold it all together. A few pics. The first is original filter pad before I gutted it.
Cool if it works it works and all that really matters is the seahorses are happy