• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

First look at Warner Marine’s blue-trimmed MF series cone protein skimmers

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Re: First look at Warner Marine’s blue-trimmed MF series cone protein skimmers

Photos I got from Jon Warner
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Info by Reef Builders
Warner Marine’s Skimz-built cone protein skimmers are almost ready for release and in these final production shots you can see how Warner has made these skimmers their own. The Warner Marine MFseries cone protein skimmers are based off the Skimz Monzter design, from the base plate with integrated outflow to the bayonnet fitting neck for easily removing and cleaning the cup.

What is notably different about the Warner Marine cone skimmers is the blue-trimmed parts where the Skimz Monzter is all white, as well as a finger well in the top for getting a nice one-handed grip of the cup and lid. Perhaps the biggest functional addition to the Warner Marine cone skimmer is the vertical bubble technology (VBT) bubble plate which allows water to exit through the center of the bubble plate for decreasing turbulence.

There’s recently been a redesign to the needle wheel used in Skimz protein skimmers and those changes will trickle down to the Warner Marine skimmers as well. The MF Series protein skimmers from Warner Marine should be available in September where they will enjoy national distribution to almost all aquarium stores in the US via Sunlight Supply. Pricing and final tank and air draw ratings are coming soon.

These are really well built skimmers. Skimz is doing a great job of building nice products at reasonable price points. Warner Marine was lucky to get this deal here in the US. It's apparent WM has made some smart changes too! Good luck with it you should be really pleased!

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They are coming with Eden flagship pumps. The dual pump Skimmers are only 20 whatts each for a total of 40 watts not bad.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea, Yea, Yea…..you “conies” are here tooting your horn until the next new technology comes out. There’s nothing like a beckett sucking all that air from a pump eating over 300 watts…..now that’s power….Arr, Arr, Arr. Also, not to mention that that blue plexi doesn’t match my color motif in my sump. ;D

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Beckett sucking all the air and using mega power. You can keep them! :p I do not miss my MRC-2 skimmer at all. My skimmer right now is a WM K2 Cone skimmers and it pulls more thick dark skim than my MRC ever did. ;D

Oh! I really do just love my gianourmous MRC MR-4R skimmer. Really! I do, every 350 watts of 24/7 power gulping inch of it! IMO, it completely changed my ability to keep SPS really healthy.

That said, for my new 300 g system at home, I have a Reef Octo SRO XP3000 External cone sitting right here in my office. Between the Tunze Silence feed and Bubble Blaster pumps It'll draw a wopping 70 watts!

70 WATTS!!!!! :eek:

Muh haha muh hahahaha! 8)

I will miss my monster beckett though! .....

... Anybody in the market for a big a$$$$z beckett skimmer?

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
redfishbluefish said:
Yea, Yea, Yea…..you “conies” are here tooting your horn until the next new technology comes out. There’s nothing like a beckett sucking all that air from a pump eating over 300 watts…..now that’s power….Arr, Arr, Arr. Also, not to mention that that blue plexi doesn’t match my color motif in my sump. ;D
Not to mention all the nice beckett snot you get! ;D

Bob

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The MF121 above rated at 12w. It is rated at 720l/h. Light Load 180g, Heavy Load 75g I think it is 21" tail.
here are some of his photos of it The Photos are Mojo.
IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

1st cup. about 5 days
IMAG0088.jpg

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I did place my order for my MF251 dual pump cone skimmer today. I should have it buy Monday or Tuesday of next week. This will be replacing my K2 cone skimmer.