• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

fish rehab project

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Well I had someone come to me today with this red sea sailfin tang who is about 8-10" and as you can see is pretty well beat up,so I ask what happened and was told he started freaking out in the tank and this was what happened after 2 weeks.Come to find out this fish was bought at a very well know fish store and was living in a ready for this a 20 long tank yes a 20.So I know have him and hope to get him better he's in a 75 now till the 125 comes this weekend,I'm hoping for the best with getting him better.
DSCN8220.jpg

DSCN8221.jpg

Poor guy...someone call the fish ASPCA. Now open: The Reefsandrotts Shelter for Battered and Abused Tangs

Hey Jim, once he's a little better, you should let him stay in my tank for a while, more swimming room.... ;D

reefsandrotts said:
Edward771 said:
120 is still to small for a 8 to 10 inch fish.
Yeah I know but don't have the room for a bigger tank than 6 feet in length.

I'd rather it be in a 6 foot 125 tank (with hopefully the non-fruit-stand aquascaping) then a 120 or other 4 foot tank. Not disagreeing here - but I think this situation in a 6 ft tank is far better than the 20 gallon it was in.

phil519 said:
reefsandrotts said:
Edward771 said:
120 is still to small for a 8 to 10 inch fish.
Yeah I know but don't have the room for a bigger tank than 6 feet in length.

I'd rather it be in a 6 foot 125 tank (with hopefully the non-fruit-stand aquascaping) then a 120 or other 4 foot tank. Not disagreeing here - but I think this situation in a 6 ft tank is far better than the 20 gallon it was in.

Good luck with it. For sure it has to be happier then then a 20G :mad:
You might have to part with it when it gets healthy but you should feel good about taking care of it. IMHO