• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fishing Expedition

Just got this by email, p***** off that they know where I bank...

"Dear Bank of America client,

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account from different locations.For security purpose, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

In order to safeguard your account, we require that you confirm your banking details.

The help speeed up to this process, please access the following link so we ca complete the verification of your Bank of America Online Banking Account registration information.

http://0xcb709527/icons/small/ /www.bankofamerica.com/sslencrypt218bit/online_banking/

If we do no receive the appropriate account verification within 48 hours, then we will assume this Bank of America account is fraudulent and will be suspended.

The purpose of this verification is to ensure that your bank account has not been fraudulently used and to combat the fraud from our community. We appreciate your support and understanding and thank you for your prompt attention to this matter."

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
get a hold of your bank direct and let them know some fishy business is going on.
Good Luck. Keep us posted.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I get those too, all the time, and I'm not a BoA customer. Just phishing. I'd report it none the less!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Same here, I always get those, I just forward them to thier fraud dept.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I worked for many banks. Normally they call to inform you. If no one answers they leave a message to call back if you didn't perform the transactions. Definitley, report it to BoA fraud department. I work for Citi and used to get emails similar about my account and I don't have one.

Mark

I'm actually surprised your email didn't automatically figure out it was spam.

If you really think someone is targeting you - it may not hurt to contact the credit bureau. You can even issue one of those "holds" so that no new credit can be given unless you expressly contact the bureaus.

Here's the response from B.O.A.,

Thank you for contacting Bank of America to report a potentially fraudulent email, commonly referred to as a "phishing" email. We take your security very seriously and will investigate this matter immediately. If our investigation determines that the email is fraudulent, we will take steps to have the site shut down.

Please note that you will not receive any further response from this mailbox.

For general account inquiries, or other fraud-related events that do not include fraudulent emails, please call the customer service number located on your account statement or refer to the Reporting Fraud section of www.bankofamerica.com/privacy.