• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Food Suggestions for LPS/SPS

I second Mike on the Rod's Foods. I use a pipette to feed the smaller particles, and a large forcepts to feed the larger pieces of shrimp and squid...

billyr98 said:
I might need to pick some of that stuff up...

Billy, I'm shocked more people don't use this stuff ... it's amazing. By far the only thing you should be feeding.. unless your making it yourself with similar ingredients.

MikeNapoli said:
billyr98 said:

Billy, I'm shocked more people don't use this stuff ... it's amazing. By far the only thing you should be feeding.. unless your making it yourself with similar ingredients.

and where did you get it from?

I get mine at Aquatic Obsessions ... I'll bring you a pack when I come to the meeting ... you can feed your fish in front of everyone ... It could be like a Rod's demonstration.

i don't feed my sps, but i give my lps a mixture of shrimp, scallops, and whatever else is on sale at the supermarket. i put it in a food processor and grind it to mush. i also mix in some cyclo-peeze, and misis after the grinding. flatten it out and freeze it. they seem to love it, and it appears easily digestable. the best part is it costs me approximately 5 dollars every 3 months or so. i also feed this to my fish. ;)

lithivm said:
Does it really feed Mandarin Gobys? Do any of you guys have one?

Does what feed Mandarins?

I have one.

If you're talking about Rod's Food. I've never seen mine eat it but I have a ton of pods so he doesn't have to.

MikeNapoli said:
billyr98 said:

Just make sure not to feed it as much if you can't skim that well. I have a friend of mine who feeds rod food with a ok skimmer and 2 months he grew mad algae on his tank...

Rods food are great I love em ...

Spot feed your LPS.. make an eggcrate in your tank and raise it up so everyother day target feed them ..

Instead of trying to add more food to feed the Manderin in I'd suggest picking up some Reef Nutrition Tigger Pods which are most excellent and a bottle will last you a long time. Pods are the overall best for for this type of fish.

Carlo