• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

For those with the JBJ nano cube LED

So, from much reading on the issue with the dusk dawns of the pro version of the nano led. I called JBJ and they claim that the heatsink on the newer disks fixed the problem.. Well, I already had those, and still was getting intermittent shut off.. Suspecting that it was heat issues with the crap ballast (btw all their ballasts are crap) I went ahead and ordered a meanwell led driver off ebay for about $10 and rewired it.. Shockingly I no longer have the issue of it shutting off. I ran a test and ran them for 2 days strait on, and never one issue.

So, if you have this tank, I would suggest getting a led driver that matches up with the output of the dusk dawns and rewiring out there driver.

With some minor mods this is an amazing tank.

Glad its working out for you. I was told the same thing when I bought it and the replaced the leds under warranty. The original leds had the heat sink as well, just never got around to figuring out which ballast would fit.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

This is the 28 gallon Pro model. That I was working with.

I'm pretty sure that the issue is they loaded the ballast inside the tank. I just wired a new one to sit outside the tank, plus meanwell drivers have never done me wrong.

Glad its working out for you. I was told the same thing when I bought it and the replaced the leds under warranty. The original leds had the heat sink as well, just never got around to figuring out which ballast would fit.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

It's doing great. Thanks for the great deal. I'll have to get a recent pictures up.. While I had the old 12 crammed full, somehow I've managed to pack this one full too.. haha