• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Fragging Nepthia

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have a green nepthia that's doing great and want to frag it- there are a couple of 'arms' that are thicker in the middle and a bunch of smaller ones ( pencil thickness) on the sides- what's the best way to frag it

Rueric

NJRC Member
The method I found most effective after fragging is to rubber band it into a piece of rubble rock.
Allow for at least a week (maybe even 2) to let it re-attach

Rueric

NJRC Member
I've read that scissors are better, but I'm asking weather I should frag the thicker ones in the middle or the thinner ones around the outside- I don't want ot make it go into some sort of shock or look bad
I personally go for the thinner ones.
I feel like a small cut is bigger then a bigger cut

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I've found when fragging certain leathers- ones that don't attach quickly on there own like nepthia and sinularia, most use rubber bands to attach it to rock. Problem is, a frag as thick as a finger quickly becomes thinner than a pencil. So when using a rubber band the frag will blow up and then the rubber band ends up cutting it in half. Some let the frag float free for a while before attaching it. I've found that using zip ties works much better. I usually will put 2 on the frag- one to secure it initially and another one that's loose- when the leather inflates and the first one looks too tight- I cut it off and then toghten the other just enough to keep the frag ifrom getting away