• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

frequent water changes

assuming that you are monitoring all your nutrient levels and they stay in perfect check, do you think it would be more benefical to do muultiple 10-15% water changes a week?

I know it would be time consuming and monotonous but when you think about it, the oceans currents bring fresh water on a daily basis. Wouldnt it make for a healthier tank?

Do any of you do more than one water change a week?

I used to do 1 gallon a day on my 33 cube. but i found that i was missing something important cause my zoanthids were suffering. when i switched to changing 8 gallons a week everything is much happier. I do it at 10 am every sunday. and i make sure my water is up to temp and mixed for at least a couple of days.

I think weekly is better....maybe bi-weekly at the most. This gives the water a chance to gain beneficial bacteria, etc. Just my $.02

TighTT said:
I think weekly is better....maybe bi-weekly at the most. This gives the water a chance to gain beneficial bacteria, etc. Just my $.02

I agree, once a week, takes like 10 min on each tank.