• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Galaxea losing heads

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I noticed this morning it lost quite a few heads now. I will test water later, SG 1.025 and temp at 79.8. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20230926_084354.jpg
    20230926_084354.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Do need a prescription from a vet for that? Should I just chop it up and toss the dead coral?

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I buy off the web. I grind up a 500mg pill and dissolve in RODI water and dose daily with the skimmer off for a week or so. I forget the exact dillution. There is a long thread on it on R2R, better reading that then winging it.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I dont leave the skimmer off, I set it to off for a few hours after dosing. Carbon should be off too if you run it. I'd also take any oxydator out until finished (I'm not sure if this would effect it, but I take it out when using just in case).

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Sadly I lost half the colony. Was double the size in pic. I broke off the dead coral and moved it upfront to keep an eye on it. Hope it recovers.

It did not feel jelly like just bleach looking with detritus.

Attachments

• 20230927_112448.jpg
    20230927_112448.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6