• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Galaxy Dottyback

No experience here but reading from different sources:

Extremely aggressive. Extremely territorial especially to own species. Can eat other fish. May eat non-sessile inverts such as ornamental shrimp, clams,, molluscs, etc.

Don't buy it. You'll regret it - for sure. They are one of the, if not THE most aggressive of all the Dottybacks. I've seen one "in action" in a store, and yes, they are pretty, but boy are they evil.

I'm actually looking for a M/F pair of these so if anyone knows where I can find one if you've seen them, let me know.

I think I'm going to only have two fish in the CAD system and I'd like to have Steeni DBs in there.

The family is best left alone.(I know there are couple exceptions..orchid) I will say they are hardy as all get out. But mine has killed more then it's fair share of tankmates from inverts to smaller fish. Never again. Upside was in the transfer to larger tank it became less troublesome. I don't know if that is typical or not.

sorry to jack the thread, but are the orchids really that nice? i've always wanted to try one, but i had a nightmare pseudochromis and am still wary(sp?)

I threw that disclaimer in because I have "read" they are more reasonable...and I was sure someone was going to call me to the mat on that.

I wouldn't do it personally because like you I have my little bi-color devil still.
There is a reason why he is my oldest fish.