• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Gulf Stream water

What’s up Reef Peeps,, so yesterday I took a ride out with my captain on his boat just because I needed some water and he wanted to run the boat for a little while to keep all the fluids intact and circulating at this moment the Gulfstream the very edge of it is about 30 miles offshore so we ran out and we stopped 5 miles before the stream and I got 20 five gallon buckets of some of the most cleanest water you could ever pull out of the ocean we left the dock at 1:30 in the afternoon yesterday and got back at 7:30 this morning. We wound up Wreck fishing all night long,, after we got the water we headed 20 miles south I was fishing offshore of Atlantic City hitting all the wrecks in that area then we worked our way north throughout the night jumping from one Rick to another all the way up until Seaside Heights we caught a lot of fish So many different types there’s not enough room to list them all,,,and we did it all with the rod and reel ( old school),,, It was probably the best time I’ve had and the happiest I’ve been since February it was great just to be out with my buddy Fishing all night long
Here’s a little picture of the water that I have it is 100% ocean water,, Will help crystal clear it is

Attachments

• 246F3DC9-1BC8-4715-AC65-616CEF71B440.jpeg
    246F3DC9-1BC8-4715-AC65-616CEF71B440.jpeg
    871.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 6740B3B5-67A3-4694-B66A-21F217705563.jpeg
    6740B3B5-67A3-4694-B66A-21F217705563.jpeg
    882 KB · Views: 5
  • 56CFB465-7C67-4DF8-9163-6018C2F39207.jpeg
    56CFB465-7C67-4DF8-9163-6018C2F39207.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
What’s up Reef Peeps,, so yesterday I took a ride out with my captain on his boat just because I needed some water and he wanted to run the boat for a little while to keep all the fluids intact and circulating at this moment the Gulfstream the very edge of it is about 30 miles offshore so we ran out and we stopped 5 miles before the stream and I got 20 five gallon buckets of some of the most cleanest water you could ever pull out of the ocean we left the dock at 1:30 in the afternoon yesterday and got back at 7:30 this morning. We wound up Wreck fishing all night long,, after we got the water we headed 20 miles south I was fishing offshore of Atlantic City hitting all the wrecks in that area then we worked our way north throughout the night jumping from one Rick to another all the way up until Seaside Heights we caught a lot of fish So many different types there’s not enough room to list them all,,,and we did it all with the rod and reel ( old school),,, It was probably the best time I’ve had and the happiest I’ve been since February it was great just to be out with my buddy Fishing all night long
Here’s a little picture of the water that I have it is 100% ocean water,, Will help crystal clear it is
Look how,,,, not will help

Nice! Curious that the slainity is 1.024. A little lower than most of us shoot for. Although I guess that mumber can be different down towards the carribean where you would find coral.

So today was a very busy day Started at 6:30 in the morning and went clamming until 12:30 in the afternoon afterwords I came home and I cleaned out my sump 100% Clean job just leaving enough algae in refugium to keep doing it’s job, washed and scrubbed all pumps ,cleaned out inside of all hoses then refilled water with 30gal of the water I got offshore,,, then did big clean on main tank including brushing all rock and rearranging most rocks ( was looking for some missing fish) didn’t find any so now confused even more,,, any way replaced 40gal of that sweet ocean water
So a total of a 70gal Water Change today,, I’m beat