• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Harvesting Copepods

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I have a 13 gal tank with no fish in it. It had bubble algae and I did a complete blackout for a month which killed it, along with a wall of gsp. I still have aptasia in the tank- which I'm killing off with lemon juice. I recently noticed that the glass is covererd with pods- can't see any free swimmers. What is the best way to collect the pods off the glass. I tried using a small fish net- gets a few but doesn't seem to be the best way

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Turkey baster.
Not going to work getting them off the glass, a syringe might work better- both would be better if I was working at a 90 degree angle not at best a 45, but some sort of scraper with a very fine net collector would even be better

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
How about a brine shrimp net. Put the net below and then try to scrape them off so they fall into the net.