• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Heater recommendation > 11" long

I am looking for 2 heaters to go in a sump that would each be 11" in length or less. Display tank will be 57g and sump is 29g. The only thing I've been able to find so far is Aquatop GH150. Any other suggestions? Most everything I find is 12" or more. Thanks.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My favorite heaters are Jagers, but they are long. I didn't look up 150's, but I'd guess they are too long. My second choice would be Sera. Don't know the length on these either. Good luck.

EDIT TO ADD: Just looked up the Sera 150’s….they are 11.8 inches long. How about three 100’s? They are only 8.7 inches.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
When I ran my 57g I used one Jager heater and that was fine. I think it was the 150, but if you are limited to size you can get two of the 75w which are 10.2 inches.

3 cord plug ins might be a bit excessive just for heaters, also I'd like to have controlled by a controller. But I appreciate the suggestion, I hadn't run across those heaters.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Just get the Ehiem Jagers. They are the best on the market and they do not have 3 cord plugins.

Ive been hearing alot about the Hydor ETH. Supposedly much more efficient than most and its run inline so you dont have to keep it in the sump or display.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Finnex delux titanium. Needs to be run by a controller but good solid heater that will fit in a smaller sump area.