• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help me pick my next fish to QT

Help me pick my next fish to QT for my big tank please.

Thinking of QT-ing the following in a 55g or 20g long.

Midas Blenny
Flame Angel
Regal Angelfish

If I don't do the Regal I'd do:

Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse

Current Stocking:

Maldives Lyretail Anthias (Female)
Maldives Lyretail Anthias (Male)
S & R Phantom Clownfish <need to catch>
S & R Black Neon Dottyback
S & R Black Neon Dottyback
S & R Picasso Clownfish (Display)
S & R Picasso Clownfish (Display)
Picasso Clownfish (Fuge)
Picasso Clownfish (Fuge)

My first vote would be for the regal and then the orange back. The regals are one of my favorite fish. Unfortunately I lost my during my velvet outbreak. It can be tricky to get a good one though. If you do decide to get one its worth it to spend a little more money and pick up one that has already been acclimated to captivity. Pieces of the Ocean does a nice job with them.

If I did the regal if I wanted to add a tang or two down the line would there be issues?

I really like the regal, I'll shoot pieces of the ocean a message. thanks!

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Regal for sure, yellow belly and def spend the extra for one eating in captivity I've seen people go through a couple till they got one to survive I lost one myself.
I also have a large Midas Benny and it is awesome great personality, I also have a flame but you know with Angels better say good bye to any acans they won't make it.