• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help with Coralife Skimmer!

Bought one yesterday bc my old skimmer toke a crap. I am having a little trouble with it. Its making a wierd kinda vibrating noise and my collection cup is filled with water. Due to the fact that I put the flow to max and it started to skim and then just filled with water. I gave it 24 hours from when I hooked it up, should I still wait it out? Or....

going out on a limb here and guessing an issue with the venturi intake system, maybe the line or the venturi tube wher it connects could be clogged or restricted, causeing more water pressure thus filling the cup faster...

No I checked and everything is clear, I just know that once I turn that water level control up, it looks like it starts to skim. But just water fills everything up

This is what I would look at:

Water level is set too high or not enough air (check air line and pump for any clogs) is causing it to fill the cup.

I connected the airtube to the main chamber where the vent hole was, i dont know if that helped. I'm still getting nothing with this thing, I dont understand this at all.

I would say he problem is in the venturi air intake hose .Also when dialing it in go very slow, it will look like the bubbles did not rise when you turn the dial but they will . A delayed reaction just to mess with you .I would check two things .

1- Start with it turned all the way down and see if it at least produces bubbles in the chamber. If so then gradually turn it up .

2- If not then check the hose to the venturi on the pump . Take it off the baffle and listen,you should be able to hear it sucking air . If not this is clogged .

I have this skimmer and it works great . The problem is every once in a whi
le if the airhose gets clogged it overflows .(like it is doing to you right now) If in the sump no real problem but if hanging on it floods the floor! :mad:

I have the same skimmer and had the same problem. Turn the button all the way down and gradually turn it up. You might have it set to high. It gonna take some playing around with. With mine i found two problems one was it was leaking water from where the collection cup meet and the skimmer itself. Also that the tubing was stretched out and air was leaking out. Not skimming properly mainly filled with water.