• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help with sump

I got a sump that is 12"w x36"L I'm looking at getting the MSX250 Skimmer and the foot print is 13.5x16 does anyone know a glass tank size that would accommodate the skimmer? I've been looking online for dimensions but can't find any.

ReeferBobRW

NJRC Member
A 40 gallon breeder would work for you. It's much larger 36x18x16 (if I remember correctly). I use it for my sump and I was able to fit a skimmer, return pump and a refuge. HTH

Bob

ounds like you have a 29G or 30G long which is 36"Lx12"W. Like Bob said, a 40 breeder should work or any other larger 3 foot long tank (ie 50G, 65G so long as you can accomodate the head space to fit in the skimmer).

Rubbermaid containers work nicely too if it doesn't need to be pretty.

ReeferBobRW

NJRC Member
I bought my 40g breeder at petco for $99. Sometimes they have sales for .99 cents a gallon on tanks. Not sure when the next time the sale will be.

Bob

ok i'll look around for one then.. I go t plenty of head space under there just not enough width in the sump for that footprint